Backend Engineer, Services
At Zemanta we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world's largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
We're looking for a backend engineer to help us build and grow ad management services across Outbrain and Zemanta infrastructure. We are currently managing tens of thousands of ad campaigns and tens of millions of ad impressions per day, built with Java, Kotlin, Mysql, Cassandra, Kafka and Hadoop.
What's it like to be an engineer at Zemanta?
- You will join a small, independent team of talented engineers responsible for connecting Outbrain and Zemanta infrastructure.
- At the same time you will become a member of Outbrain's world-class global engineering team and get a chance to work with some of the best engineers in the business.
- You'll work with exciting technology: most of our backend is written in Kotlin or Go, and we use Cassandra, Aerospike, Hadoop, Redshift and Kafka to handle our data.
- You'll get a lot of freedom - you'll be encouraged to work on any part of the codebase to get the job done, and you'll deploy all the code yourself (don't worry, our tools make this super easy). This will allow you to move fast and deliver value with nothing slowing you down.
- Good knowledge of modern backend development, databases, basic data structures and algorithms and most common design patterns.
- You have solid understanding of web foundations like http, ssl and dns
- You’re comfortable with at least one SQL dialect
- Comfortable in the GNU/Unix environment like GNU/Linux or MacOS
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Docker, Java Spring framework
- Experience with working with clients or product managers
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world's leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community - by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home occasionally
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem - if you're the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.