At Zemanta we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world's largest native advertising company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to help our application engineers build soundly architected systems and enable the whole team to iterate seamlessly.
Our recent acquisition by Outbrain brings a ton of new challenges, like migrating our infrastructure to their data centres consisting of thousands of machines. If enabling the team to move faster and working with cutting-edge tech (such as Kafka, Chef and Prometheus) in large data centres sounds appealing to you, we should talk!
What will you be responsible for as a DevOps Engineer at Zemanta?
- day to day engineering operations: handling infrastructure incidents, keeping our systems healthy and supporting engineers when they hit a technical roadblock in their release routines
- streamlining development and release process: engineers need tools to be able to deploy, change configuration, revert and monitor all of our systems seamlessly, painlessly and autonomously
- managing infrastructure (such as Kafka and Hadoop) deployed in our large data centres with thousands of machines
- performance tuning: a DevOps engineer works with engineers to profile and drill down into code of resource intensive apps for optimisation
- architecture: work with the rest of the senior team to negotiate setup and architecture, responsibility and communication between system components
For more information on what's it's like to work as an engineer at Zemanta have a look at our engineering employee handbook.
- Skilled in coding or system operations, and a strong desire to improve both.
- We expect you to like working with people - you'll be doing that a lot.
- You should be a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Having experience with our stack (Docker, Ansible, AWS, Kafka, Hadoop, Aerospike, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana...) is a plus, but not mandatory - we value talent, strong fundamentals and dedication to excellence more than the tools you've used.
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced startup environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York on a daily basis
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world's leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community - by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home occasionally - we want our employees to have a healthy work-life balance
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem - if you're the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.