At Zemanta we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world's largest native advertising company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to help us improve our prediction models and implement them in our high-throughput production systems. Our real time bidding infrastructure handles one hundred thousand bid requests every second, and it needs to decide which ad to show for every one of them in real time. To achieve this, our prediction models need to be not only highly accurate, but also highly scalable.
What it's like to be a data scientist at Zemanta?
- We work with Python, Go, Hadoop, Kafka and AWS.
- You will join a team of talented engineers and data scientists responsible for improving performance of our real-time bidding infrastructure.
- At the same time you will become a member of Outbrain's world-class global engineering team and get a chance to work with some of the best data scientists in the business.
- You'll have the unique opportunity to work with terabytes of data generated daily by our systems, and analysing/processing it with Hadoop.
- You will design new feature sets, build new predictive models and test them on our experimentation infrastructure with a goal of improving performance of our current predictors.
- When new models are ready, you will be able to implement them in production (using the Go programming language), ensuring that the implementation is up to standards in terms of performance and code quality.
- Developing and using A/B testing infrastructure to measure results in production environment is also a key part of the role.
- We expect you to have hands on experience or great interest in machine learning and data mining.
- You’ll be working on production systems with high throughput and big volume of data, so having engineering skills to manage the supporting data infrastructure and embed your algorithms into production environments is a must.
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a talented engineering team.
- We expect you to like working with people - you'll be doing that a lot.
- You should be a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- It’s also a big plus if you have experience with modern data processing stacks (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka).
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced startup environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York on a daily basis
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world's leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community - by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home occasionally - we want our employees to have a healthy work-life balance
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem - if you're the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.