At Zemanta we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world's largest native advertising company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
We're looking for a versatile backend engineer to help us grow our real-time bidding (RTB) system and supporting services. Our real time bidding infrastructure handles tens of thousands of bid requests every second, and it needs to decide which ad to show for every one of them in real time. This generates terabytes of data every day that needs to be processed quickly and efficiently. Come help us scale to a million requests per second!
What's it like to be a backend engineer at Zemanta?
- You will join a small, independent team of talented engineers responsible for improving our RTB infrastructure.
- At the same time you will become a member of Outbrain's world-class global engineering team and get a chance to work with some of the best engineers in the business.
- You will own implementation of features end to end. This means you will often need to design, implement, test, deploy and support code across multiple systems.
- You'll work with exciting technology: most of our backend is written in Go, and we use Aerospike, Hadoop, Redshift and Kafka to handle our data.
- You'll get a lot of freedom - you'll be encouraged to work on any part of the codebase to get the job done, and you'll deploy all the code yourself (don't worry, our tools make this super easy). This will allow you to move fast and deliver value with nothing slowing you down.
- However, this also brings responsibility - we expect you to maintain very high standards of code quality, ensure excellent unit-test coverage and take care of any issues that arise.
- We keep all our code in Github and we do a lot of code and system design reviews to share knowledge, prevent defects and ensure our code stays clean and maintainable.
For more information, have a look at our engineering employee handbook.
- We expect you to be a versatile backend engineer who sees stepping out of a comfort zone as an opportunity to grow.
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a talented engineering team.
- We expect you to like working with people - you'll be doing that a lot.
- You should be a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- Having experience with our stack (Go, Python, Hadoop, Aerospike, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker) is a plus, but not mandatory - we value talent, strong fundamentals and dedication to excellence more than the tools you've used.
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced startup environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York on a daily basis
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world's leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community - by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home occasionally - we want our employees to have a healthy work-life balance
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem - if you're the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.